Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kale Stir-Fry

I made this stir-fry the other night when I realized that I had a bunch of kale that was starting to get limp along with a pepper that had seen better days. My solution to this is usually to make a stir-fry. This ended up being one of my favorites to make. It's a great side dish for just about anything.

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped kale
1/2 sweet onion or 2 shallots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1 small pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder ( I may have used a little more...)
2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
dash of lemon pepper

Directions:
1. To toast the pine nuts, I just placed them on foil in the toaster oven for 3-5 minutes. Loosely chop kale and slice the mushrooms, onion and pepper. 
2. Heat the olive oil in a wok. Once it's hot, place the sliced onion and pepper in. Stir for a couple of minutes and then add kale and mushrooms. Stir frequently until the onions are browned and the kale has a nice dark color.
3. Serve and enjoy right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment