|Front to back: Sherry & Molasses Glazed Carrots, Cinnamon & Star Anise Cranberry Sauce, Ratatouille a la Remy, Herb-Roasted Turkey With Maple Gravy, Cranberry Apple Stuffing, mashed potatoes with parsnips, salad. Yeah, I forgot the sweet potatoes.|
|Photo via the Food Network|
- Potato pancakes When I was a kid, my mom used to use leftover mashed potatoes to make potato pancakes for breakfast. This recipe seems to approximate hers. This one for cheesy mashed potato pancakes looks very promising too.
- Waffles Okay, this is a new one I stumbled upon while researching this article. But... wow.
- Shepherd's pie Using them for a crust for shepherd's pie is great too. You could make a traditional version, or use up some more leftovers by using turkey and sweet potatoes as well. You could add in some of your green beans to that one, too.
- Pot pies As a variant on the shepherd's pie idea, replace the crust of your favorite turkey pot pie recipe with a layer of mashed potatoes.
- Other starchy sides Baked cheesy puffs or these creative spring rolls would be a great side to a dinner this week.
|Photo via Joy the Baker|