Thursday, May 8, 2014

Eggplant Snack Sticks

It's here! It's here! It's Spring Crop Share time! Although it's starting to feel a whole lot like summer around here. For this round, we will be seeing more and more local produce. The first of the season local tomatoes we had last week were already on point. Makes me so excited for tomato sandwiches, watermelon and all things summer.

I came to love eggplant kind of late in life. I really discovered it when  I went vegetarian for a few months and had the most delicious eggplant lasagna. Something I would never order before. Since then, I've used eggplant in stir-fry, pizza, burgers and more. Having it lightly breaded with a little mozzarella, marinara and basil is probably my favorite way to have it. Turn it into a fun appetizer, and I am in.

Try out these snack sticks as a side dish or an appetizer at your next gathering. Get the recipe from Taste of Home here.

Want to make your own dip for these? Use those grape tomatoes and try this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment