Thursday, March 27, 2014

Calling All Cauliflower!

Some of you may remember last Fall when I undertook my Adventures in Cauliflower in hopes of coming to, at the very least, a truce with my most hated of vegetables.  In the end I was able to find a recipe that allowed me to eat it without wincing.  That recipe required "ricing" the cauliflower into tiny microscopic pieces and transforming it into "coconut sticky rice."  I was able to eat it because it didn't at all taste like cauliflower, but it also had an unexpected result...it was my cauliflower gateway drug!  Can I eat a raw piece of cauliflower now?  NO.  The thought still feels like a human rights violation.  But I now find myself sneaking it into recipes, just because.  I'm considering whether or not to seek professional treatment for this, because I don't quite trust this change that has occurred.  So while I psychoanalyze myself, enjoy some of our cauli-favorites, that yes, even I have come to fully embrace...

Bayou-ish Jambalaya with Blackened Cauliflower






















Squash Cauliflower Soup via Crop Share Member Louise B






















Roasted Winter Vegetable Medley (or throw any veggies in!)






















Curried Cauliflower & Chickpea Bake






















Pumpkin Chicken Curry Over Cauliflower Coconut Sticky "Rice"




















No comments:

Post a Comment