Yes, it's too early to start complaining about the heat. But I'm going to anyway. I guess I'm just a wimp. While I am no fan of winter, I would rather be too cold than too hot. So what am I to do to keep cool as it gets warmer and warmer?
Thankfully, we have cucumbers. The saying, "cool as a cucumber," is definitely based in fact. Eating them definitely makes you feel cooler. And what better way to eat them than in a cucumber salad.
|Photo via Bon Apétit|
Here are some more cucumber salad recipes, and I've included ones from both sides of the argument.
- I still have half a bunch of radishes from a week ago that I need to use up. I'm planning on trying this recipe this week.
- I remember buying tahini for some recipe once. I had to buy a big jar, even though I only needed a tablespoon or two. I wondered what the heck to do with all the extra tahini. It makes some pretty good cookies, but the real find was using it in a cucumber salad dressing.
- You can shell some of the peas from this week's box for this creamy cucumber salad.
- When it gets really hot out there, this crab and cucumber salad will be super refreshing!
- And I guess, technically, tzatziki sauce is a kind of cucumber salad...
|Photo via Simply Recipes|