Thursday, March 14, 2013

The BEST EVER Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe

So this weekend is St. Patty's Day. That means green beer, leprechauns, gold coins, and, of course, corned beef and cabbage. It is debatable whether people really even like corned beef and cabbage all that much. I do. *gasp* I even make it other times of the year. REALLY.

I also love Alton Brown. He appeals my nerdy side and tells me why, like scientifically why, I should cook something the way he recommends. If anyone has thought about brining a turkey, do it his way. So moist and juicy!

Now, I have never made my own corned beef, and to be perfectly honest I can't see myself doing it anytime soon. I just skip that part of the recipe. If you are a crop share member, make sure you pick up some carrots and onions to finish off the recipe. Enjoy!!


Ingredients


  • 2 to 2 1/2 pound Corned-Beef Brisket, recipe here to make your own
  • 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 pound diced carrots, approximately 4 small
  • 1/2 pound diced onions, approximately 2 small
  • 1 pound potatoes
  • 1/4 pound diced celery, approximately 2 stalks
  • 1 small head cabbage, chopped, approximately 2 pounds


To view the rest of the recipe, please visit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/corned-beef-and-cabbage-recipe/index.html

To finish off the meal make Alton's Creamed Corn Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment