Monday, January 6, 2014

Green Refresh Smoothie

Anyone else feel like the spinach this week just won't quit?  I used about 3 cups in the Go Green Smoothie, then I tossed 2 handfuls into some Homemade Take-Away Beef With Broccoli, and some how I still had a good 3 cups left this morning for yet another smoothie.  Pretty sure my spinach keeps regenerating.

So this morning I wanted another green smoothie, yet something more refreshing than sweet.  So I grabbed the one pear and the one lemon I had left and thus, the Green Refresh Smoothie was born.  This is the perfect morning wake up, and it would be especially great after a morning workout to get you recharged and give you a nutrient boost.  Other than 1 cup of almond milk and 12 ice cubes, this smoothie is all produce.  And  if you like lemonade, then this one is sure to please!


Green Refresh Smoothie





















Ingredients:

12 ice cubes, divided
1 banana, peeled
1 Bartlett pear, cored and cubed
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used Almond Breeze)
3 cups spinach, washed and stems trimmed
Juice of 1 lemon

In  your blender, add 6 ice cubes, the banana, pear and almond milk.  Blend until ice is fully crushed.  Then add your spinach, and you may need to add it in batches so you're not cramming the blender.  Once the spinach is fully blended, add in your lemon juice and final 6 ice cubes, and blend until the ice is completely crushed.

Serve immediately.  Makes about 2 mason jars (pint sized) full.




No comments:

Post a Comment