Thursday, June 27, 2013

Blackberry Butter

Despite a sizable portion of my genetics being of the French variety, I'm not all that big a fan of butter.  However, if that butter is flavored, I will eat it like its a dessert and likely gross everyone out.  There's a reason why I haven't tried the Maple Brown Sugar Butter we carry in store from Great Harvest.  Because I know once I start down that path, my co-workers are going to find me hiding in the store cooler, with a spoon, surrounded by empty containers of butter.  So I've been doing very well in the not-eat-an-entire-crock-of-flavored-butter department.  That is until I came across...blackberry butter.  That's right, say it with me now...BLACKBERRY...BUTTER.  It has fruit in it, so that makes it a health food, no?  And it includes local honey, so really a spoonful, or two, or three of this today is good for keeping my allergies at bay.  Did I mention the butter is also dairy-free and soy-free?  Oh well, if it's for my health, then I guess I must.

Blackberry Butter

























Ingredients: 
15 oz (1 container) Soy Free Earth Balance Margarine, room temperature (or use whichever butter strikes your fancy)

1/8 cup, plus 1 Tbsp local, raw, unfiltered honey (Now back in stock in our store!  Look for the yellow tops!)

1 cup fresh blueberries

In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer beat together butter and honey until light and fluffy.  Add in blackberries and beat on medium speed until blackberries are pretty well broken up.  I wanted to still have some bits of blackberry in mine, but you could certainly whip these until it's completely smooth.  Pour into small jars or back into empty Earth Balance container.  Chill in fridge until ready to slather on all sorts of goodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment