Thursday, June 20, 2013

Grilled Scallions With Romesco Sauce

I once caught an episode of Tony Bourdain's No Reservations where he was roaming around Barcelona and other parts of Catalonia, and during one outdoor gathering, the Catalans were grilling up calcots, a type of scallion that is native to the area.  I'm not rightly sure what it was that was so transfixing, I mean they were just grilled scallions paired with a romesco sauce, but I was in hardcore food lust and I knew I just had to have those.  So while likely very few of us will be traveling to Barcelona any time soon, we can attempt to recreate the magic by grilling up the scallions from this weeks' share and dipping them in a decadent romesco sauce.  And thanks to the foodies at Food Republic, this recipe looks like just the ticket!  Pair these with a hearty red wine and for those avoiding dairy, you can easily sub in vegan parmesan with the romesco.  Clink the link in the title below to view the recipe...

Grilled Scallions With Romesco Sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment