Thursday, October 10, 2013

Spice Roasted Carrot Fries

Maybe because my Grammy always made the best homemade french fries, but I'm obsessed with anything in french fry form.  So last season when we started getting things like carrots and parsnips I thought, "I'm gonna turn these into fries...spiced fries!"  Bascially, I no longer wish to eat carrots any other way after trying out these beauties.  So if you're looking for a less starchy alternative to french fries or even sweet potato fries, then give these guys a try.

Spice Roasted Carrot Fries


























Ingredients:

1 bundle carrots, peeled, ends trimmed and cut into "fries"
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
Dash of cayenne powder


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Toss carrots in olive oil and spices to evenly coat, and then spread out over a baking sheet so there is no overlap.  Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, turning carrots mid-way through the bake time for even browning.

Works great for sweet potatoes and also parsnips (shown above with the carrots).  And whip up a spicy dipping sauce by giving a few squirts of sriracha into some mayo or veganaise, and whisking until blended and to the heat level you want.  If you're a sriracha fiend, then maybe just add a dollop of mayo to the bottle and you'll be set.  Ha!



1 comment:

  1. I blog often and I truly appreciate your content. The article has really gotten my interest. I am going to bookmark your blog and keep checking for new details about once per week. Thanks, I’ve been looking for certain facts on this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve found useful details on.
    Once again, nice content.

    ReplyDelete