Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Garlicky Chicken, Cherry Tomatoes & Kale Over Quinoa

After the Curried Cauliflower & Chickpea Bake, I knew I had to make something else for dinner to fill me up.  It was either that or spend an inordinate amount of time picking out every speck of cauliflower.  Thankfully, the Mister actually likes cauliflower and loved the dish (who is the person I share my life with?!!?), so the rest went with him to work for his lunch.  Thus out of my fridge I pulled two of my favorite things...kale & McCauley's Roasted Pepper Relish.  I'm unashamedly addicted to this stuff, and that says a lot because coming from Youngstown, OH, we are SERIOUS about our hot peppers in oil.  Good thing we have their full product line in store at Nalls, because I look for every excuse to work this stuff into a meal or snack (see my Spaghetti with Broccoli, Sausage & Hot Peppers for another example).

This is a super quick and healthy meal to throw together, and since we gave you A LOT of kale this week, this is a great way to use up about half of it.  Yes, I used 2 generous cups of kale in this and I still have half my bundle left over.  Guess I better make Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup this week!

Garlicky Chicken, Cherry Tomatoes & Kale over Quinoa
























Ingredients:

2 Tbsp olive oil
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 cups kale, removed from stem and shredded
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp McCauley's Roasted Pepper Relish (can be found in store!)
Kosher salt & ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup cooked quinoa

Cook quinoa to package directions while preparing the rest.

In a skillet, heat olive oil over high heat.  Add chicken and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes.  Once you can no longer see pink on the outside of the chicken, add in your cherry tomatoes.  I like to add them whole as I like when they burst, but if you'd prefer to avoid that, then you can halve them.  Stir occasionally for about 3 additional minutes and once tomatoes begin to burst, add in your kale and get ready for the super, snap, crackle and pop of kale in hot oil.  So satisfying!  Season with garlic powder and saute util kale is wilted.  Stir in Pepper Relish and season with salt & pepper.  Finish with a final quick drizzle of olive oil and toss to evenly coat.  Serve over quinoa or even toss with pasta.



No comments:

Post a Comment