Thursday, November 21, 2013

An Apple A Day In Time For Turkey Day!

It's almost Thanksgiving so that means it's time to get ready to get your bake on!  And the Rome apples in this week's share are a perfect baking apple.  So while I await some of you to send in your family apple pie recipes, here are some of our favorite baking with apple recipes to get your wheels turning for the holiday.

I have the pleasure of hosting my very first Thanksgiving this year (for possibly 13 people...help me ghost of Julia Child!), and right now I'm torn between making a Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake and this, my no-fail standby...

Cinnamon Apple Tart























It's all the fun of an apple pie, minus having to fight with a top crust.  I simply cannot abide getting my edges perfect and do not talk to me about a lattice top, there is not enough wine in my apartment for such baking intricacies.  Plus, this tart is delicious with a caramel sauce drizzled over top.  Hmm, a caramel sauce with some apple cider whisked in.  Ooo, that needs to happen!




Also, I've been hoarding apples since the Fall Crop Share round because I plan on making some homemade applesauce.  So if you have a mish-mosh of apples you've been collecting, this will use them right up, plus it will dazzle your guests that you made your own applesauce.  Even stir in some pumpkin puree for a pumpkin applesauce!

Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce


























Perhaps you're flying solo for Thanksgiving, or it's just you and your sweetie, and the idea of making a huge feast is a tad illogical.  Then you can still plan on getting your apple dessert fix the quick and easy way with some quick 2 minute, microwave apple crisp.  Each serving is cooked in it's own mason jar or microwave safe mug, making clean up a breeze.

2 Minute Mason Jar Apple Crisp
























These are some of our favorites, now send us some of yours!  Send your family apple pie recipes to cropsharerecipes@nallsproduce.com and we'll feature them here in the next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment