Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Love Story In Dessert - Whiskey Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries

As we head into the week o' love, we all know that oftentimes love can be bittersweet.  I'm keenly reminded of that tonight as the Mister and I prepare to head back to Youngstown next weekend to say goodbye to one friend and comfort the friend, his wife, who remains.  It's an odd feeling to be in my early 30s and already have a friend not much older than myself who tonight is now a widow.  Their love story was always bittersweet, as he suffered from juvenile diabetes and, by the time they were married, it had really ravaged his body so much so that several years ago, on Valentine's Day even, she donated a kidney to him.  Years and two kidney transplants later, the disease finally took him in his sleep this afternoon.  I'd had grand plans for additional posts for what to do with the beautiful Swiss chard, but that will have to wait for another day as in between posts tonight I've been soaking up time just sitting with my husband, because I still can.  So this week, hug those close to you extra tight, make new memories around the table and in the kitchen, and -- since I can't leave you without one last recipe -- pay an homage to the bittersweetness of love when you whip up this Whiskey Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries.

Whiskey Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries




















No comments:

Post a Comment