Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jacques Pepin's Gratin of Leeks

So first I was helping a friend move, then it was Easter Sunday, and then I decided to contract the plague.  It's been a busy few days.  Thus getting recipes on here has taken a back seat to investing in Kleenex and naps.  But I absolutely had to share this gem from my couch surfing that might actually be a better preparation for leeks rather than my tried and true Leek & Potato Soup.  I'm a PBS nerd, and the other day I was watching Essential Pepin and Jacques was preparing a veggie based meal, including whipping up the most gorgeous Gratin of Leeks I've ever beheld.  I may have actually drooled on the couch.  I'm a sucker for gratins and for leeks, so this looked like a match made in heaven.  I've got some salmon in the fridge and some leftover Spring Onion Cream Sauce, so I'm dreaming up a salmon & leek gratin with a layer of breadcrumbs, then the leeks, then the cream sauce, then the salmon fillets and all topped with the rest of the bed crumbs, baked until glorious.  But until then, I leave you in Jacques capable and charming hands.

Sadly, there is no recipe online, so you can only get it by watching the episode, but in case you don't want to view the whole thing, fast forward to about 8:48 where he picks up with the Gratin of Leeks.  Click through to view the recipe on the Essential Pepin website.  Bon appetit!

Essential Pepin Episode 113: Vegetable Bounty (Gratin of Leeks starting at 8:48)








No comments:

Post a Comment