Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spinach Me Right Round Baby, Right Round!

Oh the food puns never end!

So, if you saw the Crop Share "spoiler" already you'll know we're getting loose New Jersey spinach!  Don't worry, it's not THAT kind of spinach, so if you're picturing Snookie, just stop.  This will be first of the season spinach from as close to home as we can get it this time of year, and it's grown in super sandy soil, so that means it's gonna be messy and gritty.

"Ahhhhhh!!!  No gritty spinach, EVER!!!"


I'm with the bunny, I hate grit in my spinach, and I've had way too many spinach salads at restaurants where I'm pretty sure I exfoliated the inside of my mouth, and last time I checked, that wasn't a body part you're to exfoliate.  But don't fret!  Because we have a fool proof, no fail way to wash your spinach so that you can kiss the grit goodbye!

Click through to read our tips on how to Beat The Gritty Spinach Blues!


Then once you have that spinach all washed and lovely, what's a cook do to with it?  Here's our top 5 favorite spinach recipes...


Asian Salmon Bowls with Spinach




















Baked Chicken & Spinach Flautas



















Go Green Smoothie




















Italian Greens & Beans




















Strawberry, Spinach & Almond Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing



















No comments:

Post a Comment