Thursday, August 8, 2013

Apple & Hazelnut Clafoutis via La Tartine Gourmande

Béa Peltre, aka La Tartine Gourmande, may have been my first blogger crush.  I used to spend my entire lunch break pouring over her elegant yet rustic recipes, and was so intrigued by all these random ingredients she used.  Something about gluten-free, to which I wondered, at the time, "what's so wrong with gluten?"  Lo and behold, a few years later, I found out, at least according to my own immune system, and was overjoyed to realize that all of these go-to recipes I'd mastered from Béa were absolutely safe for me to eat.  Whew!  And by far my favorite recipe of hers has been her Apple & Hazelnut Clafoutis.  Not only is it super fun to say (say it with me now, kla-FOO-tee) it's ridiculously delicious.  Even my Grandpa Freer, who decidedly does not like his food fussy, raved over this strange dish I had the audacity to serve him.  So since this week's Rambo apples are perfect for baking, I think there's nothing better to do than take those manly apples and turn them into a dessert that sounds like the noise a sneezing fairy would make. 

Apple & Hazelnut Clafoutis via La Tartine Gourmande




















No comments:

Post a Comment