Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pasta with Caramelized Onions and Mustard Greens

This easy pasta makes a great Meatless Monday dish. The mushrooms will give it the meaty flavor and the mustard greens will give you a good source of protein. 

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 medium onions, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings

1 cup button mushrooms, sliced and browned
1 teaspoon sugar
4 cups chicken broth
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 pound fettuccine
1 bunch, mustard greens, with tough ribs removed and leaves torn into pieces





2 comments:

  1. This was delicious! Martha's recipe oddly enough doesn't say when to add the mushrooms (unless I missed it), I added them when I added the greens. I also didn't add the pasta and it tasted great without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice the missing mushrooms until the end so we just sauteed them and put them on as a topping. Still a good way to use greens!

    ReplyDelete