Thursday, May 16, 2013

Baked Kale Chips

In cooler months, I tend to make an inordinate amount of Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup, and for whatever reason I have always been incapable of buying just the amount of kale that I need.  So there I usually was, trying to pawn off the excess kale onto friends' guinea pigs or bearded dragons.  And then one day, something magical happened...Pinterest.  And it brought with it a recipe for baked kale chips.  I figured I might as well experiment and see what all the fuss was about.  Let's just say I ended up buying more kale just to bake and I'm pretty sure there was an entire week in 2012 that I lived on kale chips.  Man may not live on bread alone, but I'm pretty sure I could survive just on these crunchy lovelies!

Baked Kale Chips

















Ingredients:
1 bunch of kale
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
Kosher salt to taste

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Remove kale from stalks and cut into medium-sized pieces.  Spread evenly onto a baking sheet, toss with olive oil and salt, making sure to evenly coat all pieces.  Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they crisp up.  Proceed to burn your hands, tongue and the roof of your mouth as you feverishly eat them off the baking sheet while still in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment